View Single Post
Old 2008-10-11, 10:06   Link #30
Daigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
Watch MSG, Victory and Turn A then you'll know

Basically, if you are not skilled enough to blow up a MS by shooting or cutting the right parts you'll get a nuclear explosion in your face
Which doesn't make sense. In the real world, just shooting a nuclear reactor with a missile or something, doesn't suddenly create a nuclear explosion. Quite the opposite. Active measures need to be taken in order to create a nuclear reaction. Just shooting a reactor won't do it.

Quote:
Nuclear power is a big no no in a world where clean energy sources like solar power exist.

Besides, why would the Federation ever want mobile suits to be able to act independently? It's far better to control the spread of the new generation of mobile weapons by controlling 95% of the energy that would be necessary to power the units.
Nuclear power actually is a clean energy source, especially if they have fusion power, which I suppose they don't. As for your second answer, I think that's really just rationalizing. The real reason is because the anime wants to put the focus on the gundams, and not the hordes of faceless mobile suits that are usually killed by the thousand.

But the real question shouldn't be about the reactors, but rather, why do any of these mobile suits have legs? 00 seems to skip over the whole walking mech thing, and go straight to the flying robot thing right from the start. Most of the other gundam series have a slow progression from walking mechs to flying mechs, but right from the start, 00 had flying gundams. *shrugs* To confound things, their flying device, the gn drive, is mounted on the back (or the shoulders). No need for thrusters in the legs at all. The legs just seem to be dead weights as far as I concerned.
Daigo is offline   Reply With Quote