View Single Post
Old 2010-03-21, 14:02   Link #6228
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
her saying "So that little witch is the reason for his twisted mentality" back when Hayate explained to them about how he cant get a girlfriend if he isnt financially reliable.

I really dont understand why such a line which was obviously meant as a joke almost 100 chapters before Athena enters the picture keeps being brought up by people when they try to make arguments against Athena and Hayate's relationship...oh well I guess digging through anything is valid in these things
Actually, I'm referring to the line in the current arc, when Hina finds out that Athena is the one who taught him that. It's just a throwaway line when it's said, but significantly less when it's not taken back after she realizes that this is the girl Hayate 'loves'.

It's notably right after his 'confession', which I am amused I can use the exact same wording, and I don't think there's any question about my feelings for her.

Given that we're told that in the hands of the inexperienced, the sword the inexperienced one is holding is the more dangerous, by Hina even, I don't think it matters what Athena can do with a sword. Hayate hasn't handled a sword most likely before this, but he's trained with a real sword?
We're shown that many of the materials for making a bamboo sword exist in the garden, so saying that Athena can only summon real swords is rather immaterial.

Are we forgetting that Athena kicked Hayate to teach him other lessons and when he was complaining that it hurt he was essentially told 'quit crying you baby'?
This is on top of the sword fighting training.

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.

Last edited by Bastion_Arcion; 2010-03-21 at 14:14.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote