View Single Post
Old 2012-08-23, 00:05   Link #6
velvet nightmare

i think the $40 is an 'okay' price tag for this type of game (the environment is very colorful and smooth). if you are a fan of samurai or hack/slash games, i wouldn't hesitate though, its worth it based on the fun factor

summary:

-amazing customization potential - this is where the fun can come in for some people, i've seen in some videos people running around fighting in those samurai thongs, or with crab hats, (though you have to unlock some of these with specific tasks)

-VN type routes/endings - luckily the game maps it all out for you so you can plan out different routes in advance

-the only bad thing i can think about is the combat. coming from games like assassins creed or batman series, the fighting is inferior, even to dynasty warriors. what the combat lacks is fluidity, meaning if there are 10 enemies, you literally have to fight them 1 by 1, there is no chaining or mowing down groups.

-on a positive note, there are like 80 different sword styles to choose from to spice up the visuals of your attacks

verdict: (7.5/10) decent

for what this game is, it's not bad. the main selling point is being able to fully customize pretty much everything, and you can live with the game's shortfalls. most of the value is in replay, unlocking things and pimping out your character for the next play.
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote