View Single Post
Old 2010-09-24, 14:53   Link #2596
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

I've re-read volume 10 of the novels 3 times, so unless contradictory information was released in later works(like the manga, then please feel free to correct me), i thought i had to point out some minor stuff out from a few pages back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
But he got owned by Wilhelmina. (Though she needed to lose an arm for that.)
That already tells that not everyone is powerful as it might sound.
Wilhelmina won due some last minute, very desperate tactics(and she won! as expected of the Dancing Princess of Unparalleled Tactics) by slamming Illyanka against a tower and having it pierce through his iron hide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kochiya View Post
Ilyanka was the most disappointing. His Jizaishiki is known as the best defensive Jizaishiki in his time, yet...
To be fair though, Illyanka's Jizaihou worked better from a range to form a wall with his flames. It's defensively useful for strategic practices where you need to form a great wall to stop enemy forces, but not in real time tactics.

Quote:
Actually, to be frank, Chernobog was in a rage, since her lover Molech just died, so she went on this rampaging blitz taht somehow managed to hit Mathilde
She sneaked up to Mathilde and Wilhelmina who were both recovering and exhausted after defeating Illyanka and Merihim and stabbed her from out of nowhere before Wilhelmina chased her down and killed her. In fact, Wilhelmina had a moment of self-discovery when she noticed Chernobog hiding her grief behind her manic grin just like she always does the same behind her poker face.

Quote:
Remember how Chernobog hit Mathilde's vitals in ONE strike? (causing Mathilde to blow herself up, thus killing Asiz...)
Above. Mathilde was also resolved to use Tenpa Jousai since the start of the novel, and expending her too much of Power of Existence on the battle with Merihim and destroying Molech convinced her that summoning Alastor was the only way to stop Asiz. Chernobog's hit did not cause the Mathilde to blow herself up, it just slowed her down from doing so because she needed to get right up to the tower housing the Kugai Tenbin to directly confront Asiz and pass a message to the Spiral Organ.