View Single Post
Old 2012-09-15, 15:39   Link #32
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Pretty great episode, a nice "break" from the fast-paced action of the last 2 episodes.

As for Yui, just have a few guesses:

1) She could be an NPC that has somehow become a "non-NPC". Somehow gotten a conscience. Could be the result/culmination/manifestation of all those who have died in the game to some extent, if you know what I mean. If we assume they're trapped in the game and when they die, they die in real life too, somehow the people could be leaving some sort of imprint on the game world and she was "born" as a result from them. Could echo with the whole "everybody's hearts", etc.

2) She's a super hacker. Her friends/family were trapped into the game (everybody's hearts!), and she somehow found a way to break in such that if she were to "die" in the game, she could try again, but as a result, she has lost her memories, etc.

3) Some dev-related program, that was scratched for launch

Would love to say it's Asuna's and Kirito's consequence as a result of their one night extravaganza in episode 10, but it's doubtful.

I'm really hoping it's one of the first two situations i've posted above though, could be quite interesting for the plot in either scenario. I like a scenario where this virtual world, SAO, though seemingly perfect, has these unique moments where something extraordinary can happen that was not part of the creator's original calculations, etc.

And if it were indeed reason 1 as I've stated above, another interesting plot is once everyone makes it back to the real world, what happens to Yui? She'll be forever in the world of SAO. Another plot tear-jerker of some sorts.

Anyway, exciteddd :]. Btw Asuna is whipping kirito good. *carry me!*