View Single Post
Old 2009-09-17, 23:19   Link #919
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

The good thing is that they dont have regenerative abilities, nor as I see it, have the ability to do anything other than mid-range to far ranged combat, which scar is unable to do. It was said that scar is able to hold his own against 10 normal soldiers during the war (correct me if I'm wrong on this part), but ever since his fight against Ed and Al, i just have the feeling that his reflexes slowed down a bit when they were fighting against the dolls. I noe he can still dodge a bullet at point blank range, which is saying a lot, but being a guy who almost literally lives for battle, not having to fight for a long time will dull the senses a bit. What the old guys have to do to survive -- dont let scar grab u with his right arm, u're toast.

Yes, Riza can take out more guys by shooting at the boss instead, letting them jump in to take the bullet. However, if Mr Gold Tooth actually tried to attack them, or do something significant, that's a completely different scenario. Those precious seconds of delay would be enough for Mr Gold Tooth to accomplish what he wanted to do, as we saw. The delay was enough to complete the transmutation and teleport Ed, Al and Izumi out.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote