View Single Post
Old 2004-12-19, 21:05   Link #1
RyuHayabusa

Send a message via AIM to RyuHayabusa
Divx/Fansubs request

I don't know if this is the right place to post this topic, but I would like to make a request or a suggestion concerning subtitles for future releases of anime series along with the Divx codec version used. As some of you may know, there are new DVD players in the market that will play Divx files. If you guys don't know what I'm talking about, go here:
http://www.divx.com/hardware/

Now, the thing is, I have played some of the anime files on it and it has played fine, but damn, the subs are either a)readeable, that it is, it can be read above the end of the T.V like this here example:

---------------------------
|
|
|
|
| subs go here
----------------------------

but from what I've seen, like Futakoi, the fansubbers have done it like this:
---------------------------
|
|
|
|
|
-----subs go here-----

I hope that in the future, fansubbers should follow example a because 1)most people now will buy the DVD/Divx players to watch anime fansubs on the TV instead of the computer and it will make reading a lot easier. In other words, please take consideration on what the audience will watch anime in the future.

and I hope that with the newerst version of Divx, fansubbers do encode the files really well, because of said future market. Thanks.
*hopes that this thread doesn't get deleted*
RyuHayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote