Quote:
Originally Posted by daku noroi View Post
“The loneliest people are the kindest. The
saddest people smile the brightest. The
most damaged people are the wisest. All
because they do not wish to see anyone
else suffer the way they do.”
nothing just want to quote it
I think the quote has some truth to it. People tend to feel something for others who have similar experiences to themselves. I argue it's because everything is relative in other words humans always need some sort of reference for understanding. I'm not saying that if you haven't experienced something similar to others you can't feel something for them. This is where creativity is active as we can piece together personal experiences until we get a suitable approximation. However this can be not only inaccurate but slow, because you may have to think about it, compared to the knee jerk reactions when some emotion "hits you" so to speak. A person suffering like described has plenty of references for emotionally understanding others pain. So one has not just reason but a strong emotion to drive one's decisions for others. The "good" decisions have been argued but depending on the person there is the "bad." The person in question now has a larger arsenal to potentially hurt others as well as help others. Then the decision, good or bad, depends on the person and situation at the time of the decision. Note that the purely kind or the selfless tend to suffer by secular standards because their well being is often second to others. So I argue that it's more along the lines of kindness leads to suffering, instead of suffering leads to kindness. I also think suffering tends to lead to what csuree described but again that depends on the person.
terribad is offline   Reply With Quote