View Single Post
Old 2014-07-20, 10:33   Link #15
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
That said, I agree with Kadmos about adult Goku’s voice. Many supporters of Masako Nozawa made excuses that since Goku is an alien and has the mentality of a child, the “grandma” voice fits him just fine. Well, I don’t think so. You can still express innocence with a male voice, and the alien excuse has nothing to do with it as we witnessed how Raditz, Nappa, and Vegeta (dudes from the same race as Goku) have “proper” adult male voices. Using Nozawa to force her grandma voice to sound like adult male (and it shows) is a bad move imo. Yes, Toriyama pointed Nozawa as Goku’s voice himself, but it was for the child-Goku. When the time came for the story to reach adult-Goku’s phase, I get the impression that Toriyama was just “going with the flow” with the studios decisions and stayed with Nozawa. He seemed not as enthusiastic with choosing adult-Goku’s VA like he was when picking child-Goku’s VA. I know, maybe that's just me.
I can say one thing that the reason why Adult Goku's VA is the same as his child counterpart is probably to remain recognizable and don't lose its spirit too much from the young viewers that watch it.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote