View Single Post
Old 2013-01-25, 06:08   Link #28810
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
That is exactly what I expected. What else did you expect them to include?
The new manipulators would need remolded weapons, the OVA Sinanju is identical to the Ver.Ka/novel version and the original MG Sinanju Ver.Ka was an amazing kit to begin with that doesn't have any problems that might need fixing (compared to the Unicorn Ver.Ka vs. Unicorn OVA version).
Never forget that Bandai is just a company as well. They want to make money, so when they have the chance to exploit an old kit that already sold extremely well they WILL do it in a way that gives them a maximum profit.

One change that I do expect though is that the frame won't be made out of ABS plastic. That stuff is VERY expensive and after looking at my Nu Ver.Ka it seems like they found a way to mold the frame using regular polystyrene without loosing any stability.
New manipulators, haha! They don't really have to remold everything. Just include a new runner for the handles that is compatible with the new peg/tab system. Of course, it will still come with the old parts, but it's nice when they include them. But now, I have already accepted the fact that they won't.

Also. a new plate for the thrusters. This time, it'll have the separate plastic parts underneath for details, same as Sinanu Stein's. It's a pity that Sinanju is the upgrade, yet, Sinanju Stein's thrusters have more detail. Obviously, this wasn't included as well.

Many of the comments I've seen were wishing that the gold trims were separate plastic parts. Of course, that is impossible in Bandai's POV.

So now, what is Bandai thinking when they made this release? A new box, include the bazooka and change its colors? Now I'm having doubts if I'll get this or not.

But I'm still happy that they made this release rather than some pointless one. Like releasing remastered kits that has no current or recent remaster :P

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote