View Single Post
Old 2013-02-21, 16:32   Link #155
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
Destruction of Universities.

When Mao came to power, he accused the College Professors in China to be vanguards of "right wing" capitalist forces, and many schools were burned, professors were humiliated, stoned to death or imprisoned. It became a lost generation.

We Chinese know how it worked out. Believe me, you guys don't need a repeat here no matter what you think of "Ivy tower left-elitism"
Agree. I worry the most about Anti-intellectualism the most which, albeit not in lockstep, appears to not be mutually exclusive with the advent of conservative radical evangelism. Combined with increasing household debt and bleak economic prospects for years and decades to come also makes me worry about civil unrest and the breakdown of the fabric of society. I'm also Canadian so I share a pretty big border with those guys down south ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
NYC+Boston look for Comp sci to power their big trading machines. I have a client consist of 2 girls in their mid-20s and their chinese engineer who develop a trading strategy that exploit NYSE rules and makes about $350,000 a month post expenses.
Oh dear, what strategy is that? Then again .. $35k x 12 = $420,000 a year split between 3 people ($140K) doesn't seem like a lot, especially after taxes.. Now if it is scalable ..