View Single Post
Old 2011-06-27, 13:38   Link #7834
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Borrowing words from Dennis Green, the reason Haruto's friends are turning on him is because "he isn't who they thought he was".

Basically, his friends aren't seeing his latest actions as an immature mistake, but rather as a reflection of his true character. If they are right in their assessment, then it's not surprising that they would choose to cut ties with him.

In reality friendships are fragile and even close friendships have been severed for much less.

As for the rest of the manga - I'd like to see Haruto actually face some real consequences. The vast majority of manga have cop-out endings where girls like Nanami and Asuka are all blushing and happy as they cheer on their ex's relationship. If you ask me, it's one thing to forgive and move on, and quite another to openly root for the person who stabbed you in the back and will stab you again if given the opportunity.
I agree with you the situation with Haruto is entirely of his own making and thats ok because he made a choice. However, when others especially close friends are not aware of why you made a decision they can only go on what they know and what they see. In Haruto's case he has had made bad decisions in past and his friends has chastise him over and over and continued to support him even though all these mistakes. However, as you stated friendships are fragile and when you lose your friends trust it can be very hard to gain it back. I cant blame Haruto for his actions as he still loves Eba and i cant blame his friends for their reaction. Their reaction is a result of Haruto past mistakes and this current decision. Sometimes people get to a point where they can no longer support their friend. I have been in the position before and as much as it pained me to do so. I cut ties with that friend. You do what you have to do on both ends.

I too hope that Seo gives him some consequences that he has to live with. Life is about making choices and painful choices and having the will to stick with the choices you have made even when no one supports you. So far Haruto has gotten off light with a lot of the stupid shit hes pulled. Now i want to see how his will holds up when hes really challenged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Seo did it in Suzuka, it might happen again, but I want to revolve issues between Asuka and Haruto maturely.

Haruto friends distrust him, because he doesn't talk and make things straight. He never informs them of anything and of course he looks bad for that. From their perspective of Asuka/Haruto broke-up and throwing Eba in the equation, it brings up the past wrong Haruto done to his friends. Almost hitting one of his friends, leaving there home town on dumb hunch, etc...

Friends can only take so much, I'm amaze he had friends at all...
I cant believe im saying this but in defense of Haruto. Making dumb decisions when you are young is apart of being young and dumb. So even though i thought it was retarded decision to chase some girl to Tokyo who broke up with you, i said fine because hes at that age where we do stupid shit. However, making stupid decisions mean you learn from those decisions and become a better person and mature so far he has not do so. Now he made the choice this last chapter to break up with Asuka and get with Eba again that was his choice and although i dont agree in the manner that he did it at least he made a decision. In order for this decision to have weight and actually have an impact Seo needs to challenge him. If people just forgive and forget too soon its doesn't hold weight because lets face it if this situation had happened in reality im pretty sure that Haruto would not only have gotten his ass kicked by several males who are friends with Asuka but forgiving part would not come so fast. When you hurt someone you cant expect that pain to go away overnight and it better not or im really going to call Seo a hack job of a writer. Seo has an opportunity here to take this story to the next level and put some real anguish in this story that really hits home.