View Single Post
Old 2008-08-13, 20:49   Link #1049
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

This will be one helluva a dark extension. Those of us who damned Alpha might be eating our words over this (I'm not immune too...), but clearly this is no longer a Mahou Shoujo type story, but a Real Mahou Shoujo type. The only difference may well be that we have all the angst, but only a bit of militarism, for Hayate to lead a coup'd'atat and succeed, many many miltakus cried out in unison then were quickly silenced forever.

So... Should we throw ourselves fully and wholehearted at this? I don't know. Barring jokes, I'm personally skeptical about this.

But yes, cosmic horrors are not needed for drama. If anything, they are only for Battle of Helmsdeep; it's the political intrigue and angst that make a work readable I understand that.

But at the same time, remember what genre we're in. Too much intrigue, and we'll lose the flavor. Just like having too much horrors will spoil the broth too.

I advocate balance, and I'm not sure if BetrayerS will be balanced. It would be a great Shounen manga, but I'm not sure if that's what we want Nanoha to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEJeDI6911 View Post
I think Nanoha is on the "darker" side in this one lol. Don't think there's going to be much befriending in this since this is a lot darker than the canon series.

If befriending actually does happen I think Fate would be the one doing it because she's the one sticking to the old ideals of using only magic to uphold the peace. But I don't think this doujin could have a happy ending.
I was wondering when Fate and Nanoha will go Suzaku VS Lelouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I am rather amused over how we are discussing over this doujin as if it was really canon. Maybe some of us are seeing this as what StrikerS could have been?

The hell, I am liking it!
Its because many elements in BetrayerS seem to mirror the leaked art of SSM and beyond. I mistook Keroko's comment about Hayate leading a cyborg company for the one in the Megami mag.

Hey, notice that we now have Yagami Hayate as the God of the New World and possesses a powerful Book capable of erasing her foes. Sky Note much? XD