View Single Post
Old 2011-04-20, 21:57   Link #921
Ypocaramel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Come to think of it, it was mentioned in Vol3 fighting against the Gospel the representative candidates were at least marginally trained in warfare, asking questions on the situation. When you have a personal machine the IS might be more than sports.
Laura was in the military; the manga implies that Rin was as well before she transferred. Cecila we don't know; Char was sent by Dunoa (Dunois, as I understand). Though since Rin only returned to China a year ago, she probably only got the basics. Laura, however, would be quite useful...

Major edit:
The Gospel battle was decently carried out by the girls, I agree. My theory on 'girls v Gospel' was that the other machines were firing on long-range on the Gospel, from all sides, to limit its range of movement so that Houki, the one with the nessasary speed, could move in and finish it off. But then second shift came and that plan went out the window. It was decent, but it was still a small-scale IS to IS battle, there's lots more for the 1st years to learn before entering a military operation against multiple foes and friendies of different types, which would take a lot more coordiantion and tactical planning. Like kuroishinigami argues, it'd be a pretty desperate situation before you'd send the first year trainees into battle.

Last edited by Ypocaramel; 2011-04-21 at 04:05.
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote