Thread: Licensed Druaga no Tou: Aegis of Uruk
View Single Post
Old 2008-02-11, 00:57   Link #23
DangerMouse

Yeah, I didn't realize you could actually save them since the interaction was all in flash on the site since they usually don't let you. But thanks regardless

Yeah, Emery's design is fantastic. As she looks like the action type who will be kicking butt as she's labeled the most experienced of the group she'll probably be one of my favorites. Another thing that hit me, Fatina's design and the look of her costume design reminds me of several of the sweet female designs with sorta futuristic uniforms I've seen in a bunch of Ugetsu Hakua's art books, that'll be nice to see in animation. I really like the feel that the costume and armor design in these character images are evoking for this show's fantasy setting.

BTW, as a dungeon crawler they might not have actually even hinted at any of the world's background, and given that this seems to be a re-launch of the franchise with the anime and MMO that a lot of stuff is going to be re-imagined so this is probably an unanswerable question in relation to the series anyway but, is the background story for the Druaga universe purely sword & sorcery fantasy or are there any nice technological touches? As mainly a JRPG gamer and fan both have produced fantastic stories when done well so I'm just curious.

Good question about the two groups characters. I think both can be good. In general I think there have been a lot of shows that focus on competition between groups so it would be nice to get something a little larger scale or maybe do both during the course of the series so that both teams get a lot of development and then we get a reason to root for both of them in the second half of the series or something "big" like that.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote