View Single Post
Old 2009-08-15, 08:51   Link #9
Da~Mike

Maybe I haven't watched quite that much anime as I had no idea who the voice actress for the Senjougahara character was until I checked ANN. I remember the sound of Chiwa Saitou's voice from Aria as Aika but it's very different (probably sounded more normal in Aria) than the tone she uses for Senjougahara.
And I definitely agree that she's done quite an amazing portrayal of a very awkward character (disturbing even).

I could recognise Hiroshi Kamiya's voice, and very easily identify Yui Horie's voice for their respective characters. While their voices seem to fit the characters they're portraying, either I haven't heard enough of their roles, or their vocal repertoire doesn't seem to be quite as diverse as other voice actors.

But then, most voice actors, like screen actors, typically get cast because of a certain role (or in this case sound) that they are best at portraying. Kind of like Brad Pitt is a Hollwood hottie and usually plays very specific roles.
Or in the case of voice actors, Rie Kugimiya and Takehito Koyasu also tend to play very specific roles.

But yes, so far, I'm rather impressed with the vocals for this series. Though maybe they could have cast someone with a deeper voice to play Araragi, perhaps like Tomokazu Sugita. I love the cynicism in his tone. It would probably suit the Araragi character better.

And maybe I'm an exception but I still find "cute" voices somewhat grating...
Da~Mike is offline   Reply With Quote