View Single Post
Old 2012-11-25, 14:18   Link #88
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIby47 View Post
I disagree and here's why...

Seems you forgot that feeling could change. You don't love the same guy or girl for the rest of your life.
I never "forgot" any such thing. As for not loving the same guy or girl for the rest of your life... Actually, that's not always true. I personally know a fair number of people who married their high school sweetheart (and those people are still happily married).

Here's the thing - I'm not seeing any indication that Saki or Satoru are even considering one another as romantic options. They're good friends, sure, but I'm not getting any sense whatsoever of them being romantically interested in one another.

Quote:
It doesn't really matter what she feels NOW,
Of course it matters what she feels now. And right now she obviously loves Shun and clearly sees Satoru as just a friend. And Saki has known both for a long time, so that says a lot.

Quote:

Especially in anime, it's common that the female protagonist has a crush on someone that isn't the male protagonist (and sometime male protagonist also has a crush on him, like in Card Captor Sakura XD) but by the end she does develops feelings for him and vice versa... She could develop strong feelings for him, as strong as Shun or even stronger later on.
If so, then this should be foreshadowed a helluva lot better. This is Episode 9, for crying out loud. By this point in an anime story, the main romance ought to be pretty well-established or at least getting several hints pointing its way. If not, the main romance is either not important to the story, or the main romance is simply not being handled well.

Quote:

Also, it always seemed to me like Satoru has a crush on Saki when they were 12, and I also think she has a thing for him, even if she doesn't know how to process it or what it means...
On what basis do you think that Saki has a thing for Satoru? What piece of dialogue suggests that even in the slightest?