View Single Post
Old 2012-10-02, 14:32   Link #37
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Well, we know who killed Kakashi to obtain Mangekyo Sharingan now.
Here we were all this time, thinking that Kakashi was the one exception to the rule, but it looks like he wasn't after all. It's kind of funny how I myself never thought about the possibility of Kakashi killing Rin as a result of some horrible circumstances and activating the MS by doing so. Then again, Kishimoto kind of led us into a different direction by only showing his Mankekyou Sharingan after the timeskip. I guess we all were under the assumption that Kakashi somehow obtained this power during the three years of Naruto's abscense. However, it may be the case that he had the MS all along, because he killed Rin, and just never used it. This begs the question why he didn't use it when Itachi attacked the village, but who really cares.

But yeah, there have to be very tragic circumstances in order to have Kakashi kill Rin. Maybe Kakashi is under a genjutsu, or maybe Rin is being controlled somehow ... I don't know. Perhaps Madara has something to do with it, but I have one problem with this theory. In the present, Obito knows that Kakashi probably didn't have a choice. That's because he said 'you let Rin die' and not 'you killed Rin'. This suggests that Obito knows what was going on at that time. So if Madara was behind it, there's no way Obito would have followed him and become Tobi. Maybe he just knows something, though, and not the whole truth. The next chapter will probably hold the answer to that.