View Single Post
Old 2012-03-23, 21:33   Link #17707
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
All I'm saying is, a non-darkness, low levelled Esper like Maria can at least survive an encounter with Marian. So I KNOW it's there are students that can fight even if it's not part of gym lessons.

Look it's going to be like any country, only less than 1% of their population is in the Military, or in this case since they're not an Army we'll call them 'combat effective'. But 1% of 1.8 million espers is still 18 000. And lets say 5% of that are 'Elite Forces' material, leaving us still with 900.

If you train them, equip them... That's far more than I've ever seen a Magician elite force can field. And don't forget these crazy-over-powered magicians are extremely limited in numbers and can't be everywhere protecting everything.
France during WW3 had forces lined up next to the Dover Strait, and so did the UK. RCC backed up the French in that one too. I'm pretty sure nations/factions can field absurd amounts of forces...

Then again, this is Academy City. Why send in esper soldiers when you can have battalions of Five_Overs shoot and stomp everything? One of those can probably do more damage than most Level 4s can

Maria survived against Gremlin only because Touma came in before Deinslaif was used against her, otherwise she might have ended up the same as Saflee. You need a ton of luck if you're not a top tier fighter and going against some of the heavy-hitters *cough Hamazura cough*. Context matters, IMO.