Thread: Nanoha - Q&A
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-02, 02:38   Link #3964
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Speaking of Knight Clothing, I always wondered how stripping using less garb allows faster movement. I mean, they're just cloth, right? The weight difference can't be that drastic.
Just my two cents: In this particular setting, I wouldn't see various "combat clothing" as clothes so much as powered armor. It's first and foremost function is to protect your body from harm, including the harm you can do to yourself (like spraining a wrist), so naturally it restricts movements that go too far and too fast. If you want to move fast like Fate and Erio, you have to modify your armor to allow for faster movements, consequentially trading off some protection. That's the deal with Wolkenritter preferring "clothing" to "armor".

Fate, however, goes even further, as far as I can gather: her Sonic Forms actually contain a permanent speed boost enchantment in addition to armor. I don't think it is a default function of a Barrier Jacket, though, more like an auto-cast of Sonic Move triggered on jacket setup.