Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-11, 23:27   Link #20064
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
I read this at another forum:

Also, other articles say it was more than one soldier. If so, three or four of them got their weapons, got clearance from the MP, snuck into the village, and did the massacre. Coordinated and premeditated. If it wasn't "just a guy snapping" but a coordinated attack by multiple soldiers, these guys are soldiers anymore, they are terrorists themselves. When you go and shoot children and women in their beds because they are the ethnic background of your enemy, yeah, you're a terrorist.

Whoever did this, whether it was one guy or multiple people, they probably deserve to be turned over to the Afghans, but let us never do that. You know, with the extreme Obama haters in this country, their heads would explode with fury over that. Not like we would do that, anyway. I read that one guy has been charged so far. 24 years for 3 civilian deaths. So he will rack up many more years for 16 civilian deaths.

Also, reuters reported that some of the bodies of the children were lit on fire. Probably an attempt to hide the evidence. Or just more hateful, spiteful actions taken after they already killed them.

I know that a lot of those people are psychologically messed up from the war, but this is never justified, and their instability might just really be, in large part, racism and hatred.

Considering the Marine who murdered 24 civilians was only demoted, I doubt anything harsh will occur. No one ever punishes their own troops for killing the people of the nation the occupy.