View Single Post
Old 2011-03-14, 03:44   Link #2617
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
except Megumi is actually older than May'n funny how that works.
How ironic that Nakajima is older than May'n but the character she plays, Ranka, is younger than Sheryl.

Quote:
I like some of her songs, but I really wish that she would have a wider variety, cause it can get tiring hearing nothing but happy songs.
Well, if you're down, pop one into your Ipod and listen to it. That outga make ya happy. I love her "Be Myself" track especially. It makes me think Ranka is actually singing it because of the lyrics.

Quote:
It depends on the user if you hear a bad version its usually means that the user could not utilize the program correctly. I have yet to hear someone master the Append program which allows the Vocaloid to use emphasis on their words.
I'm talking about the album/soundtrack or whatever that came from it. I downloaded it via Nipposei. The girls' voices sounded horrible. I think one track was of Miku's, and her voice was so flat, I felt like I was listening to a machine. Yet at least six hundred people I know love their songs. I think I'd rather stick with someone who can't get out of her range but still sings good songs like Nakajima over Vocaloid any day.

Quote:
I know what you mean her record company may be doing it to ride on the success of MacrossF but its result will just limit NakaMegu's fanbase, especially now that her voice is deeper. While May'n had song in songs before the release of MacossF she never released a full album, but by the time that her own album came out her record company most likely became aware of her range. They were probably just waiting for something to help make her debut. I probably helps that the character she provided a singing voice to was mature and so could sing a large range of songs.
Yes, but what I'm thinking is that when Nakajima started, they thought she couldn't reach the potential of the other singers, especially like Utada Hikari, and so they forced her to do the same tone over and over again. Remember that she has singles and songs before Macross F. THEN Macross F came and Kawamori hired her. Then, when she released her first full album, May'n had already become 3 times more popular because of Sheryl. And so, she didn't get much attention. It doesn't help that she plays a character that's probably not only younger than her but acts like a child most of the time. It's sad.

As for May'n; she didn't seem to like Macross F at first, from what I recall; but once she became Sheryl, she became attached to her character just as Nakajima was Ranka. But Kawamori didn't like her normal voice, I guess, and hired Aya Endo. How cute...

Quote:
I was also browsing Pixiv (for Zoids pics) when it suddenly went out. I had no idea what happened and I also thought that maybe they were doing some maintenance until I translated the error message. But I haven't heard anything about Kawamori yet.
We were both in the same place at the same time, just on different subjects. I was looking for Ranka, Sheryl, and Alto pics in the Macross F section. I didn't translate the error message because I was too tired, so I was upset over nothing.

I hope Kawamori is okay then.
LoveMeKags is offline   Reply With Quote