View Single Post
Old 2004-10-30, 08:11   Link #198
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

While I agree that the final chapter seemed rushed, I would hardly say that the story sucked, or that it was rehashed. Sure, maybe it takes a lot of the premise from The Day the Earth Stood Still, but even so that's not exactly a commonly used premise, especially in this day and age.

And certainly the story was very untypical of a Macross show, yet retaining Macross' main themes of hope, peaceful solutions to conflict, and the idea that mankind will survive.

The series was really too short to develope more than a couple characters, but those that it did, it pulled off decently, if not spectacularly like a longer show such as Macross 7. DD and Nora were never main characters, you might as well complain that Col. Millard from Macross Plus was under developed, or the poachers Dynamite 7.

Overall, I rather liked the story and characters, right up to and including the end. I do, however, agree that it would have been even better had the episode been twice as long, or split into two episodes.

To those still speculating about the origins and purpose of the Bird Human, I can only reccomend you go watch SDF Macross, Do You Remember Love? and Macross 7, all of wich give more insight into the Protoculture.

As for the future of the survivors of Macross Zero...

Spoiler: