View Single Post
Old 2012-01-26, 19:40   Link #2031
Joachim1167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
As for Fam's piloting im not impressed she has not improved her skill at all not like Clause had too. Watching her fly is honestly boring bring back my lovely queen of the sky Titania
I try not to make comparisons with Fam, Claus, and Tatiana. Three different people, three different situations, backgrounds, and skill sets.

Aside from running from 3 Ades heavy vanships in a damaged, overloaded Vespa and the brief encounter with Tatiana, when has Fam had the chance to improve her skills? Hard to develop those elite skills when your main prey are lumbering capital ships (not armed vanships) and you're amassing flight hours mainly by flying taxi service for princesses.

Unlike the Sky Pirates, the Vanship Union guys, Tatiana's squadron, and (later on) Claus in S1 developed their skills because they had to contend with Guild Starfishes on a regular basis...and even then, the VU guys had to go through combat training before the assault on the Guild. If I remember correctly, even Claus got owned the first time out in an armed vanship, with the Sylvana's firepower having to save his butt.

Sky Pirate targets are large, lumbering capital ships, and when things get too hot, their SOP is to hide and/or run away. Don't need real fancy flying for that.

I'm not disagreeing with you...yeah, Fam definitely needs some one-on-one flight training time with Dio. I just wanted to point out how Fam's situation is different.
Joachim1167 is offline   Reply With Quote