View Single Post
Old 2007-03-30, 13:57   Link #47
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orm_Irian View Post
On the contrary, am I the only one that finds Kanako creepy?
Honestly, were I in Yumi's shoes, I'd be scared shitless.
Kanako is creepy all right. But I suspect from what she said that she has issues in her past that helped make her that obsessively scared of men and desperate for an "angel" to look up to. So maybe (I haven't read the novels) Yumi will work her magic on her, too, and bring out the wonderfulness inside. Her combination of shyness and strong forthrightness is pretty interesting.

Koshimizu Ami (Kanako) won the 2006 Seiyuu Award as best supporting actress for her role of Karen in Code Geass. She is definitely one of the up and coming stars. And she is a tall, strong, beautiful person, too, which helps her career even more. She has a good blog (in Japanese), with frequent pictures. She turned 21 in February.

Amisuke (her nickname) was the subject of a blog post I made about a radio stunt she pulled with her (female) friend Sanpei Yuuko (Renton in Eureka 7, etc.), where they pretended they had gotten married. I probably overestimated the possibility that they really were gay, but she has has talked about Pe (Sanpei Yuuko's nickname) as her "wife" before in her blog, and said in a post Wednesday that she has known her for seven years and hopes they can always be together. In any case, they have been good friends for a long time, and Pe is an excellent seiyuu, too. Judging from her own blog and others', Amisuke seems like a warm, natural, gregarious person with many good friends.

Amisuke began her career when she was 16-17, as Nadja in Ashita no Nadja, and she has played very diverse roles, as Mentar said, from Claes in Gunslinger Girl to Tenma in School Rumble to Tenko in Kamisama Kazoku to Paraietta in Simoun. Here is more info about her. And here are some photos: (1) from the cover of her CD (with video DVD included) Natural; (2) with the great seiyuu Nabatame Hitomi draped all over her; (3) with someone cosplaying her role of Ritsuko Kubel Kettenkrad from Kujibiki Unbalance:

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 26). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru), Ben-To (Hana). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki), Kimi no Iru Machi (Rin). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Blade & Soul (Jin Valel), Soul Eater Not! (Meme), Seven Deadly Sins (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Gangsta (Nina), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy), One-Punch Man (Tornado), Onsen Yousei Hakone-chan (Goura), Hidan no Aria AA (Kirin). 2016 ERASED (Kayo), Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu), Ace Attorney (Mayoi), Tanaka-kun (Rino)....etc.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-03-30 at 23:23.