View Single Post
Old 2008-07-02, 19:11   Link #99
Dee Eon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I've never been very big on those types of popularity polls that can decide the fate of a character. I'd prefer to see them at least try to make her case a little more. Well they did....sort of? I don't know what else to say really other then that I'm disappointed if they actually did cave to the Otaku crowd who wanted as much Konata as possible even if it came at the expense of some other characters.
Oh well, as Dad once said, more than a few comics heroes who started off as third bananas ended up with their own mag, especially in the Marvel universe. Most of you all would know way better than I...

That said, and noticing how even the Powerpuff Girls Z crowd have their own on-line fanzine manga by awesome Yuji Battakun (which looks EXACTLY like the official PPGZ manga), it'd be kinda nice to take aside one of these great Lucky Star fan artists who are spinning their wheels and churning out nice but repetitious Lucky Star artwork on Deviant Art and Raki-Suta and ask them to more productively (and excitingly) ply their pens or brushes or whatever to drawing online Lucky Star mangas under diff writers, only this time with a more prominent (or starring??) mysterious Miyuki for once! To me, as long as you follow manga canon and studied the tone of the original manga to capture the same look and feel that fans all agree on, it make no diff whether the strip's done by a deep-steeped fan or Yoshimizu Kagami himself (and really, since L*S struck gold as an anime just how much of that manga's REALLY done by him now, huh?). Like if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck...

Now the coolest thing to me is all these fan-created mangas and strips are just a tantalizing dress-rehearsal to the "real thing" via Desktop Animation Production. I got a peek at a raw "wireframe" version of this in Denver's "Toaster Works", (and it's kind of like a blend of theater and stage direction software and a morphing program on steroids which shapes your characters moves in motion. They're aiming for "Disney grade" animation quality). Shouldn't really be much longer before this stuff comes out, but it'll really change how pop anime and manga characters are viewed and featured. I mean imagine your fav (or original!) manga/anime characters in adventures and scenarios an animation studio wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole, but it looks just like they did it! Gee, imagine the impact on OVAs and the whole nine yards! Okay, okay, secretly I'd LOVE to be a voice talent for these fan animes, but if DAP prices fall to earth over time from the thousands I'm sure they'll debut as, I've a feeling there'll be plenty of regular and original fan anime characters to chose doing.

Anyway, that's my two yen on the issue (Go Yuki!).

Dee

Miyuki's Spaced-Out Secret txt - Miyuki's Spaced-Out Secret with images PDF