View Single Post
Old 2012-10-20, 19:51   Link #16
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
So do you think that series concept/premise is entirely insignificant?
No but I also know I have judged shows incorrectly based on a premise that sounded cliche or not my cup of tea and I was very wrong.

Quote:
Also, you're going to judge Psycho-Pass's story execution on the basis of two episodes? Give it some time, please. A strong concept like Psycho-Pass' needs some time to play itself out.
I am not sure what you mean? I said both My Little Monster & Psycho Pass are equally good based on their first two episodes (I don't know how either series will turn out) but according to you if there was a choice Psycho Pass would win over My Little Monster because of its premise.

I am saying that is an unfair way to judge a series.

Now if a premise sounded outright stupid and bad I can see why someone would avoid it, but just because it sounds "less original"....

Now I understand we all have are personal preferences and maybe Psycho Pass's premise appeals to you more than My Little Monster and that's fine but it isn't necessarily better to someone else (and I would also argue Psycho Pass' premise is not all that original either so it does depend on execution).