View Single Post
Old 2008-01-31, 14:36   Link #58
LoveOfAnime
~Lost in the Moonlight~

Send a message via MSN to LoveOfAnime Send a message via Yahoo to LoveOfAnime
I have to say, I was very, very, let down. I am not a big Dub fan, sorry it's just me. My dislike stems from the old days, and seeing what they did to SM.

Now as for Kanon, I first watched the Sub. I was even disappointed in this. First it bugged me that all the speakers' lines are in yellow. Why not change colors for different speakers. Secondly as someone already mentioned the Mrs. for Nayuki's mom was very irritating.

Then I happened to find Kanon Esp. 1 on Anime Network, with the dub. Yuuichi's tone bothered me. He kept coming across as sarcastic. I also agree I thought Nayuki's VA sounded way too old. Not a highschooler at all, more like a college age kid. Ayu was okay, but she hasn't gotten the ~Uguu~ like Yurie had it. It came across fake. So these are just my thoughts....but again I will say I was seriously let down, and disappointed. ADV could have done great things with Kanon and I just feel they didn't reach their maximum potential.

Has anyone else noticed that ADV has pulled Kanon from their website along with a bunch of other recent titles?