View Single Post
Old 2009-09-11, 00:46   Link #236
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by plzd0ntkeelme View Post
If Genji treats Beatrice as the family head, he shouldn't throw knife on the golden butterfly, shouldn't press the spider web on "Kanon" to destroy Beatrice's magic, instead should be respecting and submitting to them as a servant should.

It's nice for Rosa to fight the goats and all but still at the end she submit to Beatrice and crying. I personally don't find this as perseverance, if anything it just shows that Rosa got great fighting skills.
About Genji, my point exactly. How can you possibly know that that's a mistake and not a clue?
For example, maybe the Beatrice at the end is not the "Beatrice" behind the spider's web and the fake Kanon. Or else, maybe there's no need for Genji to obey Beatrice until her resurrection ceremony is complete (which is the time he switches over). Or, it could be that either the final scene or the previous scenes have a lie in them, either because "Genji" was a fake in one of them, or because the entire scene is somehow bogus. Or, you could argue that Genji is an opportunist and only switched to Beatrice's side after it's clear she's won (if you believe in anti-fantasy).
So yeah, I think I've made my point It's literally impossible for you to make the argument that his behavior is out of character until we've seen the end of the series.
While finding errors in the anime isn't so hard, you'd better have a hell of an argument before trying to find an error in the VN, with a few exceptions. That's what Ryuukishi's best at.

Also, if you think not giving up when dozens of goat monsters are chasing you isn't perseverance, I don't know what is. It's not like Rosa had any chance of beating them all.
It sounds like you define "perseverance" as not giving up no matter what happens to you, even after being forced to eat your siblings and seeing your daughter like that.
Come on, seriously?

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page