View Single Post
Old 2009-11-02, 19:46   Link #67
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
I just had a thought:

If the timeline in volume 0 took place in Gol D. Roger's era, we could probably find out about how Whitebeard became a Yonkou along with Shanks and Kaidou. And the best part is- we could possibly see who the fourth Yonkou is.
There's no way Shanks was an emperor back then. During that time he was a mere cabin boy on Roger's crew and he was only 15 years old. That being said, he couldn't have been very powerful and enough of a threat for the WG to acknowledge him as one of the rulers of the New World.

As for the Yonkou, we're not even sure if the 3 party system existed back then. The marines certainly were around dealing out justice to pirates, but it's unknown if the Shichibukai and Yonkou had been established as factions of power during Roger's era.

@James - I think your logic of what constitutes boring is somewhat flawed. Even if the hero doesn't win against the villain, the movie/story can still be very entertaining. Let's say that Luffy and Shiki have a fight of epic proportions and the result is a stalemate. Do you mean to tell me that outcome would spoil the film for you? Come on now; that doesn't justify a film as being boring. If anything, it would be more interesting for Luffy to not emerge as the victor. Such an ending would deviate from the same old "Good guy beats bad guy" routine. It's always good to have originality, which makes something one of a kind.