View Single Post
Old 2009-12-02, 14:53   Link #3824
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlanor .A. Nox View Post
Renall: How? It took five minutes tops from Kanon's point of view, Genji had really brought Natsuhi along. Genji didn't lie now did he? Kanon definitely cut that chain, if it was all merely a lie then what was the point of showing the scene in the first place? I already said after the discovery:
You misunderstand me. I'm just saying it's perfectly possible even without Genji and Kanon lying:

The killer entered the room, either because it wasn't locked or because Eva recognized the person and let them in. He or she killed Eva and Hideyoshi, locked the room with the chain, and hid somewhere in the room. Kanon and Genji found the room locked with no response, and cut the chain to get in. The magic circle and letter were left by an accomplice outside the room, and the killer slipped out of his or her hiding place during or after everyone had found the bodies.

There's no reason for the closed room to be an obstacle. We know that:

Furthermore, the murder was carried out with both the victim and the perpetrator in the same room!
No method exists for the perpetrator to commit murder from outside the room!

So, what's the problem? Perpetrator enters room, kills them, creates the closed room with a chain, and remains there until the room is no longer closed. The magic circle is a red herring; the killer doesn't have to be the one to have painted it. An accomplice, or a completely unrelated person could have done it.
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote