Thread: Photographs
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-21, 18:45   Link #646
escimo
Paparazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Awesome shot, Love the bold colours.

I'll be over in Orlando Florida in a couple of weeks and I'm set on picking up a nice wide angle lens and a dedicated macro lens to boot, anyone have any recommendations to fit Canon ?

I was thinking about a Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Lens and possibly a Canon 50-mm macro ?
I'd look into Tokina AT-X 124 AF Pro DX 12-24mm f/4 Mark II, it's a bit longer than the canon one, image quality is pretty much the same but it's quite a bit cheaper. Slower AF though.

As for macro lenses I've heard good things about EF-S 60mm F2.8. You'll end up spending the money you saved by going with the Tokina, but it's much faster focusing. 50mm F2.5 can be quite painful in that aspect. 60mm has also full time manual override and maximum magnification ratio of 1:1 instead of 1:2 of the 50mm one. (You can get a 1:1 converter for the 50mm but it's bloody expensive. The combo ends up costing more than the 60mm macro.) As a downside it being a EF-S, no full frame compatibility, but then again 50mm-ish macro for a full frame is a bit dimwitted thing anyway.
escimo is offline   Reply With Quote