View Single Post
Old 2011-12-04, 01:46   Link #83
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Rin's adventure was shoddily handled, as other people (aside of me) pointed out. The brief chapter in the novels was to show her getting owned badly and terrified by her own actions. She couldn't accomplish anything except nearly getting herself killed (and worse, since Caster and Uryuu don't quite kill off their victims) and fainting on spot.
And this is supposed to make an effective climax to the episode how, exactly? I read people's descriptions of how this played out differently in the book and I'm having some trouble imagining how it would have played out in a way that wouldn't have left me with the reaction "that's it?".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokukirin View Post
As a skilled serial killer, I'd expect him to do better than standing around and let loli Rin push stuff at him and grab his arm. I'd expect Caster to notice that his master broke his bracelet and show up. It makes zero sense to have loli Rin own him, and it does not happen in the light novel where she fittingly accomplished nothing.
I'd expect him to do better... if he wasn't treating the encounter as a mere game. He got pwned by a combination of his own cockiness and inexperience. Also, the tentacle monster showing up kind of implies Caster noticed.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote