Thread: Licensed Kanokon
View Single Post
Old 2008-04-13, 08:04   Link #254
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 2

I usually make a concerted effort not to do this, and give a show as many chances as possible, but... DROPPED!

That wasn't just terrible. That was unbearable. It amazed me that a series could pack so much crap into a single episode.

I sometimes wonder what goes through the minds of the writer/s as they put this together. I mean, do they know what they're doing? Is their intention to make something as LCD as possible, or do they somehow think they're writing something that's interesting or entertaining, or, hell, even worse, thought-provoking and meaningful? I mean, what compels a person to sit down and write something like this, something so mindless and completely devoid of anything respectable and then put their name to it for the world to see. And what the hell compels an anime studio to put significant money into producing a series based on that script, for thousands, or even millions, of people to see? Well, obviously money is the answer, but do titles like this even sell. I can see why something like Rosario + Vampire would be a money spinner, and hell, I can see why people would enjoy it, for all its flaws. But isn't there a certain point at which something becomes so mindless, and so uninspired that producers would have to be completely out of their mind to think it'd turn a dollar? If there was such a point, certainly Kanokon has completely passed it. Is it really so naive for me to think that once a title is as terrible as this, there's no longer any incentive to make it? Well, I guess the fact that Kanokon exists, the answer is "yes".

...For a fanservice anime, it's not even well animated.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote