Thread: Licensed Toriko
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-14, 09:55   Link #678
marvelB

^The fact that the beast limbs were beaten so quickly despite all the buildup they had is EXACTLY the problem I have, though. I mean, these are monsters that were hyped up as being more than capable of driving mankind into extinction. We just had a whole chapter where they instantly destroyed a bunch of the past locations that Toriko and co. visited during their adventures, and proved how useless the human world's military might was against them. So is it really asking so much for them to actually give the 4 kings a proper challenge, even if they're not the "true" bosses of this arc? At least Shima could have made it so that they had to be beaten in a specific pattern, like with the sphinx in the Gourmet Pyramid.....

And before anyone brings up the Food Honor training again, while I do agree that it's expected that the training would provide all the kings with a huge-power-up, that still doesn't necessarily mean that they should be able to instantly curbstomp their first new enemies (that monster Toriko beat at Chin's temple was acceptable since that WAS just a random monster). Heck, you can even look back at old-school manga like Dragonball and Kinnikuman where the heroes still had a rough time against their enemies despite having emerged fresh from training....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote