View Single Post
Old 2009-11-17, 06:18   Link #42
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Well, I said what is said about it, but I guess the body can filter out the amount of vitamin that is not necessary. Anyway, 10 times, might be ok (but still feel like enormous to me), but I personally wonder if 44 times the RA is really necessary. At best, it is, at worse it's a waste of money and/or dangerous.

Now don't take me wrong, personally, I am a believer that vitamins supplements, herbals tea, or trace elements (for instance, manganeze can help to reduce/suppress the allergy) help to maintain the body in good condition (but the person should have a good alimentation too. It would make no sense to eat dishes full of fat everyday, and to take supplements beside it as if it was an "anti poison"). For example, as a complement to a good alimentation, Brewer's yeast is great for the hair, skin and nails. But about taking "enormous" amount of such things, while it could be harmless to do so with the Vitamin C (but there are studies that say it can be dangerous), it can be dangerous about some other supplements.

Anyway, I am not part of those who spend time "calculating" the amount of vitamins and trace elements in their dishes and stuffs like that (No offense, Kusa, but it would be one hell of a thing to do. Cooking and eating would become a pain IMO), so i guess it happened that I ended above the RA of vitamin C.
My take on the whole topic of supplements is that the word itself describes vitamin supplements. They're nothing more than additional vitamins you don't normally take or is unable to process properly. If you have a good, balanced nutrition, you'd never need supplements. I've never taken any supplements in my life and I'm as healthy as a horse, as the saying goes. Imho, good nutrition and exercise are all you need to keep healthy and never get sick. It worked for me, don't see how it wouldn't work for anyone else.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote