View Single Post
Old 2011-12-20, 00:13   Link #1229
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

Well, I for one, loved Episode 8. It felt like both a good action climax from a Fantasy point of view, and a nice epilogue from a Mystery point of view, as most of that had been solved from Episode 6/7. Aside from, of course, the major question of "what really happened that day", and I think the overall theme of Episode 8 was that it doesn't really matter, as that's not what is important. I can see how some people would be disappointed, probably even angry at that. But I liked it. Episode 8 was, after all, a game made for Ange, and that's what she needed in order to move onto the future. I even like the whole thing done with the goats. I thought it was clever, and I certainly don't feel insulted.

All that being said, I loved Episode 8... except for the ???, which I still can't really figure out how I feel about. I think the whole amnesia thing is forced and kinda unnecessary, but I'm willing to accept it. However, I don't really get the final scene at all. The whole part where he sees the Rokkenjima residents flashing before his eyes and the whole "I'm home" dialog. What was that all about? One or two ideas popped into my mind, from some kind of dying vision (ugh) to him truly becoming Battler again from seeing the dining hall (meh), but as you see, none of them sit well with me. What is everyone else's take on it? If it's already been discusses, anybody got a particular page number they can direct me to?
MainCharacter is offline   Reply With Quote