View Single Post
Old 2012-01-12, 23:33   Link #16250
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Kinda makes you wonder what'll happen to Academy City by the time the series ends.
I doubt it'll be in one piece...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ I don't care about Academy City. I'm more concerned about the millions of "freaks" they'll leave out.
Well, let's see....
1.) They'll probably be rounded up and experimented on
2.) Discriminated and seen as...well freaks, causing them to resort to crime to survive, etc...Basically X-Men or S-Cry-ed

Quote:
Most likely they'll stay in some kind of New/Better Academy City. If Aleister goes down, Heaven Canceller can take his place and it'll most likely be better than being under the leadership of a troll.
.....You are waaaaay too optimistic to believe that. This series is far too dark for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Nobody's forcing anyone to join.

A nicer person doesn't always make for a better Leader.

And If Academy City crashes and burns here's what's going to happen- Every other Nation is going to want to get their hands on their technology and that includes the Espers. They'll probably be capture and dragged overseas to be experimented over and over. Radical Magicians might want to kill them off to prevent the spread of Science power or just control them for themselves.
Exactly.
Quote:
^ That's pretty dark That'll make for a pretty shocking swerve if that happens.
Not really, it's actually the most likely Scenario in a lot of cases. There's no safe places for Espers outside of AC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That's why I don't understand why some people want to get rid of Aleister and Academy City, don't they know what would happen without them? You want to replace Crowley you damn sure better hope the person you put in charge can fend off the rest of the world.
Chaos, you and I see eye to eye on that.
Quote:
The series seems to become more grey as it goes on. Crowley might be a necessary evil to keep Academy City going, but he fully allows things like the Level 6 experiments and the parameter list along with the fact that his plans are unknown. Likewise, the main ally of the good guys right now is Bridway who's no saint herself.
There's no such thing as all good and all bad. Touma himself does what he thinks is right by his own standards, he only looks like a hero from an outside perspective and doesn't really care what others think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Well, child errors don't have much of a say do they?

About Aleister's replacement, I'd say Kumokawa might be a good one. Otherwise, Tabitake could find whom AC needs best.

It's a good thing she isn't, imagine the power she would have...
Child Errors really don't...you'd think AC could easily hunt down the parent...but then they'd run out of test subject...Accelerator is probably one too...