Thread: Licensed Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-23, 11:20   Link #1331
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Even if it's been just 10 episodes already I've taken an absolute liking to E7:AO, and I can only hope both the animation staff and the writer can keep up with the pace.

Now, the tenth episode has become another favorite of mine along with episode eight.

A very commendable praise this series does as well is at properly fleshing out the supporting adult characters, as this episode dealt with Chief's (Ivica) past, and how him learning from his sins contributed not only to the formation of Team Pied Piper but also shaping himself at becoming an irreplaceable bond for his whole team. That means, Chief don't ever do something reckless again, or you'll make Fleur, Elena, and Ao cry.

The use of symbolism introducing the literal meaning to Pied Piper is again manifested literally given that since only minors can only pilot IFO, what the adults at Generation Bleu do is mobilizing the children pilots to combat. However, this is as well subverted, because Ivica towards the end of the episode notes to Rebeca that the children at their charge are the ones after all who call for and move the adults.

Now, some drastic progression has been made about the Secret.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote