View Single Post
Old 2011-12-06, 17:21   Link #64
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I really don't like him... but as long as he follows the source instead of trying to improve things because he think he's better... oh we're fucked aren't we?

Also Studio 8 is now Sunrise LN studio lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Why do people keep hiring this person? He's almost incomprehensibly terrible at his job.

Also this weird faction of Sunrise that seems to be into producing shows that the rest of the company probably wouldn't even touch and seems to enjoy using the worst staff and concepts possible is just about the most puzzling thing about this company ever since Mai-Hime came around. Granted I thought they'd shit the bed completely with Horizon given how it looked and that's turned out okay so far, but there's just no way anything survives a Hiroyuki Yoshino treatment as far as I'm concerned. The man simply cannot write a decent cast to save his life and every inclination he has had on how to tell a story that I've seen throughout his career has been dead wrong....though maybe he can be bested by existing source material.
The only reason I didn't completely trash all over him is because he did the Denpataki OVA, and I heard that's good. I still haven't watch it and the BD's coming out Jan or something so I've been holding back. That still somehow gives me hope that he would be able to do an ok adaptation because Kawahara is very thorough in his descriptions in the novel.

I would like to disagree that Studio 8 uses the worst staff (I still support Ono no matter what as a director ever since Saki, and you really can't diss Urahata), but you probably don't mean that fully so and we already had the discussion back page 1-3 of Horizon general. Also, their taste in LN selection is pretty good actually (sci-fi fantasy with lots and lots of details).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Aren't they handful with Horizon already?
And Mai-Hime is great and all, until the last final episode.
If Horizon get a season 2, it has to be at least 24 episodes, else ... there will be massive repercussions. I don't think we will see it until next year Fall again the very earliest. This leaves Spring or Summer for Accel World ... at least that's my current prediction.

---

Side-tracking, I really like how the team's handling the promotion though. SAO still has like nothing up on the website. AW has that avatar drawing thingy for the upcoming game, a twitter, and a promo vid, which makes it more fun AND easier to keep track of. The same aspects of which I really enjoyed with Horizon's promotion. This might just be that AW will aired first, then SAO later on, so that's just current impression.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote