View Single Post
Old 2011-03-01, 00:02   Link #22090
Kylon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I think mirrored is a clear example of what I was talking about. He received and absorbed Ryuukishi's message completely. Those who seek the truth are represented by heartless bastards. The act of exposing the truth has been compared to a slaughter.

You have a mass murderer from one side but... alas poor scrappy...

On the other side you have someone who wants to expose the truth of that crime... what a heartless bastard!

I don't think there are words to express how much wrong this is.

The fact that there are people that actually buy this and that redirect their contempt from the criminal to the one that wants to expose the crime... is simply terrifying...
That doesn't seem like what's going on with Ryukishi's message. The heartless bastards who want to expose the truth, as you say aren't just people after the truth. They're after their own interpretation of the truth as an outside, unconcerned third party, only interested in the gory details of death and destruction.

Like people who want to watch snuff movies with the excuse that they're 'researching' for the sake of hunting down the culprit. HERP DERP.

The only person in the whole Rokkenjima Prime world who is not an unconcerned third party is Ange, who does deserve to learn the truth. Despite the attacks on Battler's methods here, I remember very clearly that Battler both gave her the key to unlock the diary and said that in the end he would've let her have it. (Of course, Ange just started screaming like a little brat about how Battler was only interested in feeding her lies. I'm sure we're not supposed to agree to that extreme view of events... right?)

And in the end, she did learn the truth, despite Battler thinking she wasn't ready for it. And she wasn't ready for it; she got turned into Ange burger again.

It seems like THAT's the message to me. That there's truth that you can not be ready for because your mind has been poisoned with bias. But if you look at the story Ange eventually recovered from it and was able to understand it.
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote