View Single Post
Old 2013-04-28, 12:04   Link #32172
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
One must assume that if Yasu were actually still in school after 1984, then (1) Yasu would've probably have been assigned some kind of role at the school festival that prevented her from attending as Kanon, (2) people would have recognized "Kanon," since one presumes Shannon does not wear wigs or whatever to school.

However the problem with this is that presumably Jessica and Yasu went to elementary/middle school with the same group of girls, so how did nobody recognize her?
Well, I'm not that sure about it but couldn't she have said she would have to work that day and skip the school festival? Or called in sick?
Besides... nobody ever recognized her, not even Battler or 'perfect eyesight and amazing powers of observation' Erika.

She's like Superman. Lois sees him up close in the movie and yet it never dawn on her that HEY this guy looks exactly one of my coworkers.

Personally is one of the things that annoyed me the most about ShKannon.
One would expect to get a mention about how Shannon and Kanon resemble each other EXPECIALLY since Shannon takes care to mention they aren't related yet no one ever says it.

Usually, as far as anime, manga and whatever else go, this would mean they actually don't look like each other even if they're drawn exactly with the same face and the only difference is in the hair and clothes but Umineko happily overlooked this issue.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote