View Single Post
Old 2011-07-25, 02:13   Link #1692
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
That would normally be the case... except I have some reviewers raging about Gunha is overpowered, Touma shouldn't be that weak, and overall my writing just sucks.
If it was 'constructive' reviews, then I would wait a few more days.

There was one even accusing me making a OC (Gunha) beat up Touma, and both Gunha & Misaki are Mary Sues. I had quite a laugh on that, guess people don't all read LNs even when it's available.

Really, I sort of felt like give them something else to flame about. The usual 'no touma should not have lost against gunha you *censored*' is getting old
Don't listen to those readers who accuse you of making Gunha & Misaki into Mary Sues. I don't see anything that imply that they are are Mary Sues. All i see is a boy who is honorable yet is an idiotic hero who is just crazy awesome and a sane rich girl who is very nice yet disturbingly powerful enough to screw anyone.

I enjoy your characterization of these two in Minds, Memories, and Misfortune so keep up the good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's a weird feeling... To have someone 'defending' the combat capability of Touma, I'm really surprised there aren't more people creating OCs to beat him up.... But it's too bad he's an idiot- we can't have people like that in our faction; he needs to die...

...On a similar topic, I've noticed a number of people use Mikoto as the... Hmm, I can't remember the term, but basically a number of people like to beat up either Mikoto or Kuroko to show off their new strong character. While in fact in canon, this role is given to Kaori
I find these fics hard to believe since the only people who can beat those two are powerful Level 4s like Awaki, the Level 5s like Mugino and powerful magicians like Kaori. Except for Angel of Thunder, i don't like the idea of a fic of some no good Skill-Out can beat Mikoto and Kuroko.