Thread: Apple IPad
View Single Post
Old 2010-02-11, 15:21   Link #85
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

My dad work for the Canadian IT division of a Fortune 500. They do two kinds of computer orders: Thinkpads and trial batches of other companies' machines. That said, I do find myself wondering if the new SL series is as well built as their older stuff. I mean, a 14 inch, 2.1gthz Core 2 powered Thinkpad that goes for $650 US with the 9 cell battery? There's got to be some catch, right?

If those SL series Thinkpads are built to the usual standards though, even the $1K base Macbook is a bit of a gouge. Although they do provide a very nifty little package of features (13.3 inch and 4.7 pounds, nvidia graphics, seven hours of battery life despite not using a ULV CPU) for that $1K.

Mixed experience with Dells. My bottom of the line Inspiron 1501 purchased in 2006 has been in for service once, which turned out to be me being paranoid more than anything else. The only thing I've needed to replace was the battery, which is pretty normal. My brother's 2008 model Inspiron 1525, however, has already needed a replacement CPU fan.

If I were buying a laptop today I'd probably look at Asus first.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote