View Single Post
Old 2010-07-07, 08:57   Link #13242
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
There's several instances in which a possibility is addressed in a roundabout and very strangely specific manner, then dropped and never brought up again.

Examples would be the Jessica's-alternate-personality tangent Battler and EVA-Beatrice get on in ep3 which leads to the red about Jessica's body not committing any acts, and the extremely strangely specific red about how no evidence has been presented that Rosa is a person in disguise in ep5.

Why just Rosa? Why say there's no clues presented to suggest a disguise, rather than just saying there was no disguise? Are we meant to believe there was a disguise, but we just don't have evidence for it?

It's very awkward. And I don't think it's a translation artifact. So what's up with that.
Why don't we make a list of "repetitions that I would definitely ask if I was there".
After all if the witch refuses to say something in red it's probably because you hit the nail. And the fact that there are some red truths that a good detective would definitely ask and yet are never addressed could be seen as a refusal from the witch ryuukishi to state them.

Before you go on asking stuff like "repeat: Shannon isn't the culprit". By rule you should limit the requests to stuff that you would expect the witch to answer easily, not something that it's to be expected that she would refuse to repeat like "The culprit wasn't a witch". Also it must be a red that the witch side would have to repeat because otherwise the hole left would allow the construction of theories that would explain a good part of the tricks.

The reds I would definitely ask are:

"In the limited setting of the gameboard names are exclusive. That means each name can only refer to a single person."

refusing to answer this red would lead to a wide array of theories that could easily destroy many tricks. The witch side would be in a very bad position by refusing this repetition.

"The words "dead" and "died" can only be applied on humans in Rokkenjima whose physical body ceased to function permanently during the game, with the sole exclusion of Kinzo."

This would exclude in one hit: fuzzy definitions of "dead" or "died", metaphorical deaths and deaths outside the closed circle.
A refusal would lead to so many ridiculous theories that the witch side would be pretty much screwed.

Opinions? What else would you ask?

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote