View Single Post
Old 2017-04-06, 10:54   Link #1
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Harem full of girls saved from despair

Plenty of harems have a girl who has a horrible backstory, a girl who lives a life buried in despair and desperation, whom the hero "saves", sometimes literally and sometimes just by somehow creating a way for the girl to find hope once more. I was wondering if there were any harems with several such girls.

Three great examples of this type of girl come to mind: Lily from Danmachi, Sinon from SAO and Raphtalia from The Rising of the Shield Hero (nicknamed Shieldbro).

Spoiler for Lily:

Spoiler for Sinon:

Spoiler for Raphtalia:

I love these sorts of characters. It's not that I like harem members who feel some sort of dependence or gratitude or anything. Rather, it's just that I love the brightness you see in them. Light seems so much brighter when you see it after escaping a dark tunnel, and for this sort of character the world truly comes alive for the first time in a long time, bringing about some incredibly touching scenes and a bright personality that I just love. It's for this reason that I'd like to see if there were a harem series with more than just one or two girls who'd been thus pulled from the abyss, so to speak.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote