View Single Post
Old 2012-12-26, 19:56   Link #1112
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

It's never a bad thing to watch something "magical" on Christmas, so I watched "The Slipper and the Rose". Again. It's one of the most charming movies I have ever watched. Granted, it's old (1976), so the quality is not exactly HD but I so love the costumes, the songs, and of course, Richard Chamberlain. I was a little infatuated with him when I watched Thorn Birds, because gahh, I was really blinded by his charisma. Perhaps I should not use past tense, but my feelings have faded away, though I still have lingering feelings of admiration for that man. Ok, back to the movie haha. Anyway, the plot may seem simple. I mean it is a fairy tale after all, so one might not expect much depth from it. This retelling of Cinderella is slightly different. There is more political feel to it than any other Cinderella films I have watched, so in a way, you can say it is both magical AND realistic (well, to a certain extent). The Cinderella in this version is not exactly the helpless female often found in other versions. A comparison can be drawn between this Cinderella and Drew Barrymore's portrayal in Ever After. They both fight for their happiness. The ending scene caught me off-guard.

The Slipper and the Rose is the perfect movie for one who wishes to take a step away from reality for just a few moments, one who is given to daydreaming, and one who is searching for her prince.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help

Last edited by MUAHAHAHAHAHA; 2012-12-26 at 20:07.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote