View Single Post
Old 2009-08-29, 06:10   Link #56
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
The hug at the end didn't really mean much, I figure that the animation team just wanted to make it more visually interesting. Just look at the opening sequence. Kanbaru frolics in her yuri heaven and tries to reach Hitagi only to be cut down by Hitagi from an unmovable mountain of stationary.
Actually, it does have meaning—especially for Kanbaru. It's basically your typical "Please understand; let's be friends" hug, and for some people that's much, much worse than being outright rejected, but for Kanbaru it's the release and closure she needs. Senjougahara's words are clear enough.

Moreover, from a visual standpoint it's also a bone thrown to the yuri fans out there. That's two birds with one stone, even though the OP shows otherwise. (Seriously? Jumping on lilies only to be cut down? Captain Obvious, is that you? )

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The second is more likely related to the episode. Even with my LITTLE knowledge on japs. Its hard to understand the part when hiitagi appears and start talking.... I understand a little but mostly not. I'd like to wait for the subs to come but if can someone summarize up what's she talking about is really a big help.
If I'm not mistaken, Senjougahara basically reminds Araragi of the promise they made before hooking up—a promise that he himself proposed—reminding him of how they wouldn't hide things from each other after the events of Mayoi Snail. She then goes on to say that Araragi deserves to be punished for breaking it himself (like severely and fatally), but takes it all back right away and forgives him.

At that point, Kanbaru suddenly resumes her attack, but Senjougahara steps in front of Araragi in order to stop her.

On another note, Araragi seems to know what he's doing when he faces Kanbaru. He locks onto to her arm, and starts kicking. Of course, he's still no match for that arm but he does seem to know a thing or two (or a lot) about fighting. Does he have experience in this area of some sort? I mean, besides the vampire incident from before.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote