View Single Post
Old 2011-08-17, 22:17   Link #23791
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErenselTheJester View Post
Because I had the feeling that Bernkastel was some allusive metaphor towards us and that there were certain events in the story that were supposed to be allusions to the real world, such as Beatrice's death possibly being an allusion to BT's. Furthermore, most good stories tend to have a snippet of the real world in them and some of them are often social commentary, otherwise they would be completely unrelatable. So, please don't laugh, I'm asking a perfectly legitimate question.

Anyways, I believe that Ikuko and Featherine represent subjective truth as Ikuko likes to hear other people's intrepretations of her stories and Featherine likes to hear her own truths spoken through other people's mouths
I agree, I'm just saying that it's not a concrete rule, and there's really nothing forcing those two to represent something 'real'. Especially since every Meta-character seems to insist on representing a hundred things at once.

I'd say Bern represents assholes and Lambda represents bros.

Quote:
The day AT doesn't laugh about or sneer at somebody...
Sorry AT but it's how you come across...I'm not trying to judge...
Well, I am a witch.

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't read close enough.

Anyway, I don't think what the two of us are saying is all that different. "Causality of narrative" and "fate" can be pretty synonymous.
Eh, not really. Narrative Causality would apply even in stories that don't have predetermination in their universes (like Discworld), and Fate doesn't require that the world is a fictional construct.

Narrative of Causality is the idea that things metaphysically occur because it makes for an entertaining story. To use Discworld as an example now that I've mentioned it, soldiers would deliberately get themselves into impossible battles, knowing it ENSURES their victory, or a hero might relax in the face of danger, saying "Heroes don't die, they just sort of fade into the backround after their happy endings."