View Single Post
Old 2013-02-03, 04:41   Link #6696
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
No, the idea is not akin to magic ninjas. Magic ninjas cannot exist, Student Discipline Committees can. Most of us here are foreigners and so unless Sumeragi, aohige, etc. are willing to enlighten all of us we may never know if they actually have Student Discipline Committees in Japan.

Now does that mean we need to know for sure sure with pictures and official documents from Japan clearly stating that they exist? No, absolutely not. Simply because it is not a fantastic or grand idea like say for example magic ninjas, we can conclude that they most likely do exist. To the same extent as they do in anime? No, ofcourse not, or are we forgetting about suspension of disbelief?

The key here is weather or not we can apply the same logic to 'hey, my moderator's gonna kill me if you don't wear your I.D.' and 'hey, wanna see me summon a giant frog?'.

The final nail perhaps in the coffin of this question would be an old story from a certain man's younger days. Back in highschool this certain man had schoolmates who worked under the Student Welfare and Development and gave out late passes at the school entrances to students who otherwise could've slipped in unnoticed and not have to have been marked late on their records. Were these students hated? No, any frustration the students had was directed at the teachers giving them their orders in the Student Welfare and Development Office.

Why did they sign up for such a job? Nobody knew, nobody asked, nobody cared.
I don't see why my question has to die before getting answered... ?

There are plenty of people here with more first hand experience with Japan than me. So I don't think I was asking for the impossible by asking my question. Never asked for documents, never asked for pictures, never asked for real names. Just a fact.

And man, you're really not putting yourself in my shoes to even try to understand why I would ask this.

And thank you for your example, but I already said disciplinary committee in anime do way more than that. And was that even in Japan??
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote